Kanban is an agile technique for managing the product development process in a highly efficient way. This course will show you how Kanban fits within the agile context and clearly demonstrates how it can complement your current ways of working - whether you work in an agile environment or not.
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful using Kanban within their organisation. As such, it will benefit anyone who is involved in using Kanban or considering using Kanban. It will be helpful both to those new to Kanban and those who have explored Kanban but who now want to consolidate their knowledge in a practical setting.
In terms of roles the course is aimed at product and project managers, development team members (architects, designers, coders, testers, etc.), business analysts, Scrum Product Owners and ScrumMasters who want to enhance their Lean/agile skillset.
Prerequisites This course has no set prerequisites and is suitable for all experience levels.
Participants on this course should gain sufficient knowledge about the Kanban Method and related topics to:
- Lead or guide a team in their adoption of Kanban, from initial visualisation and the design of kanban systems through to evolutionary change
- Answer questions and support the team in day-to-day operation
- Help teams to identify and resolve hindrances to flow
- Take measurements and create meaningful metrics that helps the team
- Evolve process and practice according to team needs in a meaningful way
This certified Lean Kanban course is designed as a hands-on workshop and uses various exercises, games and simulations alongside instructor-led discussions and presentations. You will leave with practical insights on how to implement or improve Kanban within your organisation and reduce the bottlenecks that hinder your development process.
All attendees will receive an electronic copy of the book Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business by David J. Anderson.
Trainer Helen Meek